Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hockey is back in Winnipeg!

Pregame at the UC

But I'm not. Of course I never was, but that's neither here nor there.


It's the beginning of a new season, and I start this year in the same place I started a year ago, in Chicago, the greatest city on the planet, and so see the Hawks and the reborn Jets.

Now, since I'd already posted about the United Center, and I won't go into more depth than absolutely necessary. Suffice to say, the building is still a class of the league.  If you want a better review, take a look at my first post. 

Warmups for the Second Period, woooo

The game itself was quite fun. The Jets came out to a quick 2 goal lead, and only to be answered by the Hawks. In the second, the home squad came out firing with two more goals, and and really dominated the period, even though Winnipeg answered with one which would end up being the final goal of the game. 

The place after Chicago's first goal, this photo doesn't show just how much it was rockin'

It was quite a good way to begin what will hopefully be a year fraught with travel to exotic locales.

No comments:

Post a Comment