Friday, January 6, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Winter Classic



               So, I, as my Twitter followers may know, went to the Winter Classic this year.  There really are no words that can adequately describe the event.  As such, I'm going to let the pictures do the talking.

We, as always, got there a wee bit early






The snow, I can assure you, is fake

This snow, on the other hand, was very much real











Just a bit excited (a tiny wee little bit)



























Definitely the first hockey game I've been to with a flyover








                A couple other tiny little things, first for the NHL, I would have paid $10 for a souvenir cup (which I totally collect), and you failed to deliver, second, even though the stadium was not a hockey arena (as StubHub would remind you), the sightlines were pretty good, if far away.  I also need to thank both my parents, for completely surprising me with this.  Usually I have the trips meticulously planned out personally and try and get the tickets in hand well before, but this was literally a Christmas present.  I would also like to think I invented the term "Winter Classic Miracle" to describe the snowfall (as people in the section can attest, I did shout it out at the first signs of snow).


                   So, there ends 4 games in 8 days, and I'm still a bit behind on the 30.


              Now, as for the board, I wasn't sure whether to put this down as a blue pin or not, so I went with the super special "white" pin, because it snowed.  If I have the time and opportunity, I'd like to go to the Wells Fargo Center (the Flyers' regular arena) in the 30, but if not, this will need to stand.


No comments:

Post a Comment